It is unfortunate that most non-Muslims are unaware of the Muslim belief regarding Jesus and Mary. Indeed they may be shocked when they come to know it. In explaining our beliefs, we will translate the meaning of the Quranic verses which speak about Jesus and Mary. This approach, which employs the primary source of Islam, ensures accuracy in conveying our beliefs about them. The Quran is the great foundation of belief for Muslims in every time and place.
What Was the Reaction of the True Christians Upon Hearing the Quran?
82. ... And you will find those nearest among men in love to the believers (Muslims) those who say : "We are Christians." That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not arrogant.
83. And when they (who call themselves Christians) listen to what has been sent down to the Messenger (Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)), you see their eyes overflowing with tears because of the Truth which they have recognized. They say: "Our Lord! We believe; so record us among the witnesses.
84. "And why should we not believe in Allah and in that which has come to us of the Truth (Pure and true monotheism)? And we wish that our Lord will admit us (in Paradise on the Day of Resurrection) along with the righteous people."
85. So because of what they said, Allah rewarded them Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise), they will abide therein forever. Such is the reward of good-doers.
86. But those who disbelieved and belied Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), they shall be the dwellers of the (Hell) Fire.
What Allah Said About The Disobedient Christians
15. O' People of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad) explaining to you much of what you used to hide from the Scripture and passing over much (i.e. without explaining it). Indeed, there has come to you from Allah a Light (Prophet Muhammad) and a Plain Book (the Quran).
16. Wherewith Allah guides all those who seek His Good Pleasure to ways of peace, and He brings them out of darkness by His Will unto light and guides them to a Straight Way (Pure and true monotheism).
17. Surely, in disbelief are those who say that Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. Say (O' Muhammad): "Who then has the least power against Allah, if He were to destroy the Messiah, son of Mary, his mother, and all those who are on the earth altogether?" And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them. He creates what He wills. And Allah is Able to do all things.
18. And (both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are the children of Allah and His beloved ones." Say: "Why then does He punish you for your sins?" Nay, you are just human beings, of those He has created, He forgives whom He wills and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the Dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, and to Him is the return (of all).
72. Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the Messiah (Jesus), son of Mary." But the Messiah (Jesus) said: "O' Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zalimûn (polytheists and wrongdoers) there are no helpers.
73. Surely, they have disbelieve who said: "Allah is the third of three (in a Trinity)." But there is no god (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One God (Allah). And if they do not desist from their saying, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.
74. Will they not repent to Allah and ask His Forgiveness? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
64. Say (O' Muhammad): "O' people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none except Allah, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims (we are submitting ourselves to Allah)."